
Here's an awesome recipe if you love soup and Mexican food. My sister-in-law has a friend, Rachel Masters, that leads a very busy life. She wrote a recipe book entitled Supper's on the Table, Come Home. It is wonderful. I plan to order it soon. She lays out a weekly menu and grocery list for her meals with some add-ons at the end. How convenient! This was one of the recipes I tried and my husband and I ate it until the pot was dry. It's perfect for this time of year.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (uncooked)
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 cup mild salsa
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 cup sour cream
3 Tbsp. flour
tortilla chips
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove the chicken breasts and dice or shred. Mix flour and sour cream together and whisk it into the soup. To serve, put tortilla chips in bottom of bowl , wop with soup and cheese.
(*I cook my chicken then add it to the above that I cooked on the stove top for 30 minutes.)
I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (uncooked)
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 cup mild salsa
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 cup sour cream
3 Tbsp. flour
tortilla chips
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove the chicken breasts and dice or shred. Mix flour and sour cream together and whisk it into the soup. To serve, put tortilla chips in bottom of bowl , wop with soup and cheese.
(*I cook my chicken then add it to the above that I cooked on the stove top for 30 minutes.)
I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy!


1 comment:
Thanks, I love to try new recipies
in our effort to downsize this is a GOOD! thing
love nina ps I miss pbb
Post a Comment