Happy Easter

"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Romans 5:6-9

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Training Day

Well, it is official. My baby girl is growing up. My wonderful mother-in-law decided it was time, so she got down to business and started "Potty Boot Camp" for Little P. on Tuesday. Thanks to her, Little P. may be well on her way to wear panties. I'm so spoiled! We've continued the training today and all is going well. No accidents in her Ariel panties and she wanted to sleep in them but I opted not to this time. I don't understand why I have dreaded this except one of the following: (1) I have to except that she's becoming a big girl. (2) Having to take her to public restrooms when we are out and about town. (3) I'm just a little lazy. Okay I think I'll throw out the last one since I'm stubborn! The winner is #2! I cringe every time I think of walking in a public restroom and Little P. touching ANYTHING! Yuck!! But, she must learn at some point so I've found a solution, Disposable Toilet Covers! Someone knew I was obsessed with sanitation issues and invented these wonderful things. Hats off to whoever it was. Everything worth doing is going to take a little work so here we go. I'll let you know when she has successfully grasped the concept and is wearing big girl panties all the time.

3 comments:

GXSRLovers said...

From a medical perspective, it is not the toilet seat that you have to worry about, it is the door handle. They have been tested to be the dirtiest part of the bathrooms. Don't make her afraid to use the bathroom though! Remember, "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt." And that is my 2 cents worth this am.
Now, take notes so I can ask you for adice in 2 years!

GXSRLovers said...

I really meant "advice"
(typing with a baby in my lap!)

His Girl said...

Congratulations on the progress. The ick factor goes away very soon...and the freedom from diapers is so wonderful. This time next year you'll be making a list of why you're so happy you don't have to change diapers anymore :)